Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a Jaguar 2010 XJ 5.0 petrol and there is a sign on the

Customer Question

i have a Jaguar 2010 XJ 5.0 petrol and there is a sign on the display saying that
Forward Alert is not available,but it was some months ago.
whats best for me to do?please
regards
john
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
Generally when you get trouble with this system its the sensor thats located behind the front grill thats at fault -
To verify / fix this, the car has to be plugged into a Jaguar fault scanner..
But at this point I'll mention that somne cars depending on its VIN ( chassis no. ) were under a recall for faults with the FWA system... so it may be worth asking your local dealer if that does apply to you / your car that is. If so, any remedial work would be free of charge so its worth asking -- they will need your VIN to check for you so have that ready when you call.
If its not covered though , the way forward is to have a Jaguar dealer or a garage with suitable equipment to run the fault scan which will tell exactly whats wrong in the system as above and it can be fixed properly from there.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE