Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 1995 V12 6 litre Saloon. The gearbox warning light

Customer Question

I have a 1995 V12 6 litre Saloon. The gearbox warning light comes on after about 20 miles and my local Jaguar man says he has been in touch with Jaguar technical people who say the problem is the eprom chip. Apparently Jaguar did a modification in the 90's. I have had the ECU tested and it is reported as not showing up any faults but ECU Testing say they cannot test the eprom chip as it is software. Do you know anyone who might be able to check and replace the chip. The car is still drivable but when the light comes on it won't go into 4th gear. Many thanks. Derek XXXXX

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Derek,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am pleased to continue waiting. If it might help I can send an image of the label on the box.