Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Jaguar S-Type 2.7 ltr V6 Turbo diesel comes up with TURBO

My Jaguar S-Type 2.7 ltr V6 Turbo diesel comes up with TURBO BOOST SOLENOID B on diagnostic. Does that mean the Turbo and actuators are screwed?, if so does the engine have to come out to change them?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello the error means the electric solenoid valve that controls theb bank ( RH cylinder bank when viewign engine from front) is faulty this part is connected to the turbo charger with a rubber pipe and the other pipe will run to the inlet manifold1st check that these rubber pipes are not cracked or otherwise damaged and if they're OK check the electrical connection to the solenoid for corrosion and wire damageand if this is OK then replace the solenoid with new