Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My car has been parked up few weeks,started ok,but my

Customer Question

My car has been parked up for a few weeks,started ok,but my brakes had stuck on ,moved it a bit to free then, but park brake light and buzzer, will not go off,car seams to run ok,but park brake light warning keeps flashing and buzzer won't go off
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello these cars are prone to issues with the park brake motor jamming up as its a bit exposed under the carand a re-calibraiton can often helpAction:Should a customer express concern regarding the above, refer to the calibrationprocedure detailed in this bulletin.1. Reset the EPB module:a. Switch off the ignition.b. Disconnect the battery for 30 seconds.c. Reconnect the battery.2. Start the engine.3. Firmly apply and release the footbrake five times.4. Confirm that the message ‘NOT CALIBRATED’ or ‘APPLY FOOT AND PARKBRAKE’ is displayed on the instrument cluster message center. This indicates thatthe parking brake is in calibration mode.5. Lightly press the footbrake pedal.6. Apply the parking brake by using the EPB switch.7. Release the parking brake.8. Release the footbrake.9. Confirm that the brake warning lamp is no longer illuminated on the instrumentpack and that the ‘NOT CALIBRATED’ message is no longer displayed in themessage center.10. Apply and release the EPB five times to ensure no error is present.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.