Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Can parking assist pack be added at a later date to a 2016

Customer Question

Can parking assist pack be added at a later date to a 2016 portfolio Xe . I've put down a deposit on one thinking it had it. I'm useless at parking so it would help
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dealer is saying that I hadn't mentioned it but I feel I had. It was a good deal compared to other cars but they had the parking assist pack. I've already paid deposit and car is ready
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello parking assist can be retro fitted but its going to cost more than if the option had been factory fitted as parking sensors have to added to your bodywork and the wiring loom added so you 'll pay for at least a days labour on top of the parts cost
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Roughly how much is the parking assist pack? It already has sensors and reverse camera.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
the option list shows it as £1000 so be prepared for it cost more than this due to the labour involved
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.