Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Windows steam up when demisters is engaged

Customer Question

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Typically if you've got a condense problem then either there's some trapped water inside the car (take a look under the mats for any dampness) which would indicate you've got water coming inside .Its possible that the new seals has fixed any more water coming in but you've still got some damp somewhere which until it dries out will produce the condense. Take the mats up and try leaving the car with the windows open to get some fresh air in Also check inside the boot under the spare wheel for any water.If the car is dry under the mats then also check that the re-circulation setting on the air heating controls is working and that you can pull fresh air in from the outside.If this isn't OK then the dash will have to come apart to fix the flap that controls this aspect.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.