Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Just replaced the auto ZF tranny on an S Type. Apparently

Customer Question

Just replaced the auto ZF tranny on an S Type. Apparently it now needs to be configured to car. Can this be done by anyone else other than main dealer, and any idea of cost please?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.This procedure can be carried out by any garage that has a multi platform diagnostic system. Nearly all larger workshops now carry the correct hardware and software to carry out calibration. I recommend contacting some local garages to see if they have the correct diagnostic system. It will either be charged by the hour (should take no more than an hour) or a one off charge for the procedure so expect to pay between £40 and £80 in most smaller garages, or up to £150 at a main dealer.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.