Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Xtype 2008 120k ,noticeable whooshing noise when pulling away

Customer Question

xtype 2008 120k ,noticeable whooshing noise when pulling away in 2nd & 3rd gear ,had the car 3 years no issues,but just noticed this problem in the last week or two?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Is the noise coming from the front or rear of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
front,the sound is not noticeable when the car is idleing, more noticeable when accelerating between gears,
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
From what you are describing the issue that you are having is the beginning of a failing front hub/wheel bearing, this is fairly common and results in this sound. The front hub bearings will need to be checked as a first step.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will get them checked
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No problem, thank you. Also you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further help.