Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My s type knocks over small bumps .ive replaced the front antiroll

Customer Question

My s type knocks over small bumps .ive replaced the front antiroll bar drop links (rears seemed ok )any ideas what next?
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WHY HAVE I HAD NO RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION ?YOU TOOK MY MONEY QUICKLY ENOUGH NOT HAPPY!
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.Before we progress, I know it is frustrating not knowing what is happening awaiting a response. To explain, I personally was not on when you posted your question - and evidently no one else has picked up your question until me now. justanswer takes your money in the same way as any other credit / card system and it is immediate as any other - your money is held as a good faith deposit until you receive an answer - this is all explained at the outset for you - I hope this helps / explains for you.Re your S type problems - I have read what you have done / tried already -and that you feel the noise is from the front still - not the rear.I note you have had the drop links changed - but there are several other items that can and will cause this type of knock noise on these - First and foremost - check the anti roll clamp bushes - the U clamps that clamp the bar to the subframe -these do wear will cause this noise you describe - this is very common on these...IF you find thats not the issue, then they need to check the fixings holding the steering rack to the body - these do work loose and cause this.Then , the steering & suspension ball joints - any one of which can and do wear and cause this - these need to be checked properly under stress with a long strong bar - otherwise you wont find the / any play.Other than that - the bearings at the top of the suspension struts are known to wear and cause this.So check the anti roll U bushes first as your most likley issue - but if not.... you will find it within one of the other items I have listed above - Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --Best Rgds, MIKE