Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have had the battery disconnected on my 3.0 litre diesel

i have had the battery disconnected on my 3.0 litre diesel jag XF and now the boot wont close. can u help ?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello there's a technical notice regarding this problem and its likely the problem is a broken wire located in the rubber boot / pipe that connects the wiring from the car body to the boot lid on the right hand side of the boot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mat ! thank you for your advice. I have been online and came to same conclusion as you.Also the boot open press button on the lid stopped working also the reversing camera which sort of nails it. ? thanks again david
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello David that confirms it, if you pull the rubber boot back off the body you may be able to see where the wire is damaged and possibly make a local repair with a soldering iron and some heatshrink however sometimes the break is deeper inside the panel which nessictates replacement of that part of the wiring loom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi matt. cant see any damage so arranged for it to go in tomorrow but now I have a handle on the problem. Regards david
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
glad to have helped Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpfulplease rate my answer.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.