Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My X Type 2.5 Sport 2001 loses power over around 2500rpm. Codes

Customer Question

My X Type 2.5 Sport 2001 loses power over around 2500rpm. Codes 0171 & 0174 show on reader. I've changed the MAF sensor, checked all the hoses, checked the spark plugs and injectors. When the fuel tank is full the problem becomes less noticeable, but as the tank drains it becomes more pronounced to the point where on half a tank or less the loss of power makes it practically undriveable? Any ideas please?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello this sounds like the fuel tank is vent is blocked and so not allowing fresh air into the tank and so creating a vacuum as the fuel leaves the tank this can then stall the fuel pumpas a test try loosening the filler cap slightly and see if this helps when running a low fuel levelif its does then replace the cap as the vent is built into it