Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Mike my s type 2.7diesel handbrake will not release

Customer Question

Hi mike my s type 2.7diesel handbrake will not release
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello the park brake on these is rather exposed and prone to seizing upI'd 1st suggest applying some oil to the cables where they enter the motor under the car in teh middle and also try this calibration process 1. To Reset the EPB module: a. Switch off the ignition.b. Disconnect the battery for 30 seconds.Reconnect the battery. 2. Start the engine.3. Firmly apply and release the foot brake five times.4. Confirm that the message “NOT CALIBRATED” or “APPLY FOOT AND PARK BRAKE ” is displayed on the instrument cluster message centre. This indicates that the parking brake is in calibration mode.5. Lightly press the foot brake pedal.6. Apply the parking brake by using the EPB switch.7. Release the parking brake.8. Release the foot brake.9.Confirm that the brake warning lamp is no longer illuminated on the instrument pack and that the“NOT CALIBRATED” message is no longer displayed in the message centre.10. Apply and release the EPB five times to ensure no error is present.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.