Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Jag x type indicator's stopped working also hazards fuse seems

Customer Question

jag x type indicator's stopped working also hazards fuse seems to be ok which if relay would control it or cartridge fuse in engine bay or would it be in glove box help please
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
continue with question which relay controls electrics to lights or fuse
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.Apologies for the delay in getting to your question! The hazard/indicators are controlled via the central multi function control module. This module contains the Indicator/hazard control unit. It is not a conventional relay type as it forms part of the multiplex system (communication network between control units)As all of these are monitored by the central controller, I recommend if not already done that a diagnostic scan is carried out which can read the central control module for fault codes. Often this can be caused by another part of the system going down which is often pinpointed on a diagnostic scan.The fuse for this circuit is Fuse 25 in the under bonnet fuse box (15Amp) Please see attached diagram for location.With regards ***** ***** to find the control module, It is located on the drivers side under the dashboard. If the fuse is OK This will most likely be a failure of the control unit, Unfortunately this would need to be replaced or repaired as the indicator/hazard function is not a relay, it is an integral part of the circuit board within the control module.I have also attached a diagram of the location of this control module. Please ensure the correct fuse has been checked before suspecting the control module. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions, if your happy with my answer please don't forget to provide a rating, thanks, Ross.