Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Jag XF 3.0 2012 when going round a tight right hand roundabout

Customer Question

Jag XF 3.0 2012 when going round a tight right hand roundabout , unloading the OSR wheel, there is always a noise , not a grinding but a more rubbing/ type noise
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it sometimes occurs when just turning right - angle of turn dependent, the sharper the turn the more likely the noise
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
HelloI'd say this is a worn wheel bearingjack the car up so the wheel is off the ground and shake the tyre from top to bottom and from side to side (with someone holding the steering wheel on the front) there should be no play in either direction. Any play in 1 direction will usually require a joint to be replaced, if there’s play in both directions then the wheel bearing may be at fault. If theres play only up and down its the strut top mount - to find this one you have to shake the suspension strut it self up and down with the wheel off the ground - so you may need to remove the wheel to check this one.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.