Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

I have used a xj8 engine and gearbox in a cobretti viper kit

Customer Question

I have used a xj8 engine and gearbox in a cobretti viper kit car, can you advise if it is ok to use the wiring loom from the same vehicle, if so how can I eliminate the circuits not required, any advise would be appreciated
John G
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello John I'd suggest downloading the wiring diagram http://www.wiring4cars.com/ as its an auto gearbox then you will need to try and carry over the majority of the wiring as its all too easy to get it into limp homeI'd suggest getting in touch with some Jag experts who have expireence with this sort of thing http://www.racinggreencars.com/
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt
Thanks I am aware of the problems, my question is how do I eliminate the circuits to to cure them?
I do have a wiring diagram,but this dose not give me that information.
Please advise if you are unable to help any further
Best regards
John G
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I can assist any further so I'll opt out to open this to other experts good luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi no reply for over 1 week!!!
Please advise.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry you have not heard from the Professional assisting you. I will send him a message to see whether he is still able to assist you or whether I should look for another Professional to assist you.