Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have fumes in my cabin esp at startup and idle - is this a need for

Customer Question

I have fumes in my cabin esp at startup and idle - is this a need for a cabin filter and or a split flex pipe?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello if you're getting exhaust fumes in the car then you will have a leak somewhere on the exhaust system I'd start by checking all the exhaust joints - where the manifold joins the head and the down pipe joints just before the catylst - the best way to do this is to start the engine from cold and feel around each joint with your bare hands - feeling for exhuast gas blowing over your fingers - you'll have about 30 seconds before it all gets too hot.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you