JagLandyFord
JagLandyFord, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Twice achieved Jaguar Master Technician.
33615967

I need a new ICU Jaguar x-type 2002. My garage are saying

I need a new ICU for my Jaguar x-type 2002. My garage are saying they are obsoleet and cant get one
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it started with the ABS light coming on. they first said it was the rear pasenger wheel sensor then said it was the ICU and when they spoke to bosh in germany they said the ICU was obsoleet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 2002 Jaguar X-Type sport 2.6 auto AWD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My number is ***** 755819
Expert:  JagLandyFord replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,Are you sure it is the ABS ICU - or do you mean ECU?Additionally - the X Type Petrol which were all wheel drive - suffered from a common failure regarding rear ABS sensor faults.The cause was not always the sensor.Sometimes the actual reluctor ring (made of steel) would corrode and fall of the drive shaft.Sometimes the link lead between the sensor and the main harness would fail internally.You can inspect the shaft very easily to see of the ring is there. Compare the LH to RH for an idea to see if it is missing from one side.The link leads can be swapped also - and then using a diagnostic tool you can see if the fault code produces a different one - meaning the fault has swapped sides. OR using a live data reading on the diagnostic device - you can check if the sensor can be read and if it has swapped sides - matching the link lead swap. Then I would swap the sensor (if they are not seized in the hub). Do the same checks to see if the fault swaps sides. The ECU - for the ABS may well be unavailable from Jaguar - as the legislation states Manufacturers only have to supply parts for 10 years of a vehicles life. However - there will be many companies out there that may be able to assist with testing or repair of an ECU.I did a quick search myself and came across this one - ( There will be others if you search )http://www.ecutesting.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw_ci3BRDSvfjortr--DQSJADU8f2jjfhulqskAhQPv_u7HFqHPKLuaKzvMbEtm1kfAaO71xoC9Nfw_wcB Best Regards