JagLandyFord
JagLandyFord, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Twice achieved Jaguar Master Technician.
33615967

I have a 2005 x type jaguar 20.d premium sport saloon manual

Customer Question

I have a 2005 x type jaguar 20.d premium sport saloon manual with 100k on and some service history. had the car for one year,no problems until week when glow light started to flash on dash and mil light came on and car went into limp mode. got car home put code reader on car turbo boost pressure low, found pipe on turbo had come loose re fitted with new pipe cleared dtc code car ran great for 4 days then glow light & mil light on limp mode home. this time p0001 fuel pressure control solenoid circuit open, check component no problems car runs great for 1 run then keeps going into limp mode, HELP, getting frustrated, would be appreciated, Glyn
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 8 months ago.
Hello Glyn,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello Glyn,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Hello Glyn,
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  JagLandyFord replied 8 months ago.
Hi there, I would check that the connector on the end of the fuel rail is secure. I would also remove it and check that the pins have not opened up too far causing an open circuit.With these engines - they vibrate so much at idle - they tend to cause connector pins to open up - or even break the wires as they enter the back of the connector housing (worth a light tug to ensure they have not snapped).As a matter of standard course of elimination - replace the fuel filter with a genuine Jaguar one. Also - These engines are common for the EGR valves - sticking open.They don't always log a dtc.Worth taking the EGR off - degreasing and refitting. (maybe clean as much of the manifold of as much carbon gunk as you can too). If none of this sorts the concern - then you may have a wear concern with the injectors.When incorrect fuel filters have been fitted by previous owners - or incorrect fuel fills - this can cause premature wear within the fuel pump or the injectors.More commonly the injectors wear internally on the leak back side - which causes a loss of injector pressure at the high pressure side.There are further tests such as a leak back test that can be completed - but I would start with the above first before we get too deep.I hope this helpsBest regards