Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have an X type on an 06 plate that has done only 71K I only

I have an X type on an 06 plate that has done only 71K I only do about 4K a year . The prob is I accidently overfilled the engine with oil I got it drained off,the engine has now started to burn oil and the engine also runs erratic and the glow plug warning light flashes would like some advise please thanx in advance
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't yet had an answer I would like to wait for an answer thanx
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello OK 1st thing to do is drain off the excess oil and its likely that the oxygen sensors in the exhaust have been polluted so creating the rough running I'd suggest to try a bottle of this stuff as its excellent for cleaning off deposits and refreshing sensorshttp://www.cataclean.com/
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years