Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Jaguar XF 2015 D.Sc. not available light on. Only 10,000 kms

Jaguar XF 2015 D.Sc. not available light on. Only 10,000 kms on clock
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should I do?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

DSC is the dynamic stability control so is most likely to be something to do with restricting wheel spin / skid by restricting power and or braking the wheel(s)

so the system has seen a fault and ideally the next step is to plug the car with with a scan tool to read off the code and point to the fault

However with ABS / DSC systems 99% of the time its a problem with one of the wheel speed sensors and I'd first check the connections at all four corners first for any signs of corrosion or chafed wiring.

The sensor is located in the wheel hub so you'll have to remove each wheel in turn to inspect them all.

Also check that the toothed wheel that the sensor points to is clean and free of any debris.

you can check each sensor's function by plugging the two output wires into an AC voltmeter and spinning the wheel quite quickly, you should get a voltage signal that increases with rev's.

Its possible that the fault is only a bad connection to one of the wheel sensors.

This may be remedied by removing each wheel in turn and unplugging each sensor and cleaning the contacts with a squirt of electrical contact cleaner. Then refitting.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you