JagLandyFord
JagLandyFord, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Twice achieved Jaguar Master Technician.
33615967

Where is the boot lock senior on x type jag

Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have message on the dash to say the boot is open but is not
When I lock the car it sounds the horn peep peep
Expert:  JagLandyFord replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

If the boot lock is visibly operational - and latching as you state - then there are only two possible causes for the warning message stating the boot is open.

1. The boot latch has a faulty micro switch which tells the vehicle if it is latched or unlatched.
  2. The wiring is damaged - very possibly at the point it hinges - as the wiring will bend at twist repeatedly as the boot is closed and opened.

I would advise checking the wiring which you see between the boot lid and the vehicle body.

This will be encased in a rubber sheath.

This can be pulled out of either end of the boot lid or body - then check to see if you can gently tug each wire through.

You should not be able to pull any through - but one may begin to slide through and then you may see the broken snapped end.

This can be repaired by rejoining using solder or electrical repair connectors.

I hope this helps you resolve your concern.

Best Regards