Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I've got a 53 plate S type which displays D S C not

Customer Question

I've got a 53 plate S type which displays D S C not available is this an expensive repair
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've not had an answer and would like one asap pls
Expert:  markthebooler replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Mark here and I will try help you with this.

Most likely cause is a faulty wheel speed sensor. When the garage checked it and they 'couldn't get any on the diagnostic', does that mean there were no fault codes stored or that their machine could not connect to the vehicle. If it means there were no fault codes then what should have been done was a road test of the vehicle with the computer connected so that the live data from the sensors could be observed at the same time. You could then see if one was displaying different information from the others.

If it means their machine could not connect to the vehicle then either their machine is not up to the job or there is a fault on the vehicle with its internal computer network.

The difficult part for you is the expense. Sometimes easy faults to repair can take a long time to find making them expensive or faults that are found relatively quick require expensive parts to repair it.

I hope this gives some help on how you continue.

Mark.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there any local jaguar mechanics in my area who can fix this problem without going to a jaguar garage