Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My S type Jaguar has locked me out. It won't open with the

My S type Jaguar has locked me out. It won't open with the key. Your advise will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Surjeet
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

if the car is completly deadlocked so it won't even open on the mechanical key then try going in through the boot as the keyhole is hidden

see this video for its location

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIpC5e8tbQU

then once in the boot you can pull the the centre armrest down and gain access to interior so you cna then open the bonnet and charge the battery

hopefully once the battery is charged then this will reset the security and get it back to normal

I'd also replace the key-fob battery

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt, thanks for your advise but before this had happen, which was 3 days ago the air condition come on full every time t
I touch the brake whilst driving and the indicator licked faster, this went on for 2 days and I was going to take it to my garage but the following day; it decided not to start, the day after it would not open the doors. Which all is somewhat puzzling. Would charging the battery solve this problem.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

charging the battery should at least resolve the issue temporarily

but the reason for the battery being discharged will need resolving

so I'd check the state of all the indicator bulbs for shorts and corroded connections

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** so and I shall let you know after.