JagLandyFord, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Twice achieved Jaguar Master Technician.

Central locking not working on jaguar x type 2003 Assistant:

Customer Question

central locking not working on jaguar x type 2003
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: if I use the key the central locking works but if I use remote it wont work . I have try to change the battery but no joy help
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  JagLandyFord replied 2 months ago.

Hi there,

The remote part of the key may have failed, but it may just have gone out of sync due to a battery inside it going low.

Even though you have replaced the internal battery - it may still need re-syncing with your vehicle.

You can try this - using the instructions below. In the instructions - it will be referred to as - 'Alarm Remote Manual Programming' to the vehicle.

Try the below instructions - and if you are not successful with this key - then the remote side of this key may have completely failed. This can be replaced separately from the key blade.

Alarm Remote Manual Programming X-Type

• The ignition must be cycled four times between Run and Accessory four times. It is important to end the cycle in the Accessory position.
• This starts the programming mode, which is indicated by a chime from the GEM.
• The key must be removed from the ignition. Following this, press a button on the RF transmitter within 10 seconds. If the RF transmitter has been accepted, the GEM emits a chime.
• To program further transmitters, press a button on the next RF transmitter within 10 seconds of the previous entry.
• Up to 4 RF transmitters can be programmed into the GEM.

• The programming mode can be terminated when any of the following occurs:
o The ignition is switched to Run,
o No further RF transmitters are programmed within 10 seconds,
o An attempt is made to program more than 4 transmitters.

• Once the GEM has dropped out of the transmitter-programming mode, restarting the process will and programming another RF transmitter will erase all previous transmitters that were stored within the GEM.

Caution Note:

When carrying out the above process, please ensure that no other vehicles within a 50- meter radius are undergoing the same programming procedure; this could affect the programming operation.

Best Regards

I hope this resolves your concern.