Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Jaguar XF 3.0 2010 - My fault is that today all

Customer Question

I have a Jaguar XF 3.0 2010 - My fault is that today all four windows of the car have, of their own accord, rolled down to the open position. They've been put back up but twice more today, we have locked the car and then when checked a little later the windows are all down again. Have just tried the Window Global Opening Settings and turned them to off. Is this likely to fix the issue, or is it a battery/Fob issue? We are certain neither of us have been leaning on the fob to cause the windows to open.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 8 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 8 months ago.

If your're sure that fob hasn't been sat on then I'd say its likely that the fob has developed a fault as if the unlock is held down all the windows roll down

however disabling the window global opening should fix it

but it points to issues with the fob and it woudl be well worth replacing the fob battery too

f this doesn't help I'd be prepared to have to replace the fob with new in the near future

Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you