as you may have read the actuation motor on these brakes has a tendency to seize up as its a little exposed under the car
So I'd 1st suggest applying a dose of penetrating oil into the unit where the cable exit and apply some grease to where the cables run
then run through the reset procedure
1. Reset the EPB module as detailed below
a. Switch off the ignition.
b. Disconnect the battery for 30 seconds .
c. Re-connect the battery.
2. Start the engine.
3. Firmly apply and release the footbrake five times.
4. Confirm that the message 'NOT CALIBRATED' or 'APPLY FOOT
AND PARK BRAKE' is displayed on the instrument cluster
message centre. This indicates that the parking brake is in
5. Lightly press the footbrake pedal.
6. Apply the parking brake by using the EPB switch.
7. Release the parking brake.
8. Release the footbrake
9. Confirm that the brake warning lamp is no longer illuminated on the
instrument pack and that the 'NOT CALIBRATED' message is no
longer displayed in the message centre.
10. Apply and release the EPB five times to ensure no error is present