Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 2007x type I have a intermittent starting problem,

Customer Question

Hi,I have a 2007x type I have a intermittent starting problem, battery tester ok,some times turn over, sometimes not ,,mike
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Greg replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 2 months ago.

Okay lets get the turns over word right as many mistake this .

Does the engine crank over but at times will not start the engine .

OR the engine fails to crank over intermittently.

Any Warning lights ON when the engine is running like check engine light.

Greg

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cranking intermittently no warning lights on
Expert:  Greg replied 2 months ago.

Okay good thank you Michael.

Possible bad starter motor relay , Starter motor ,Starter wiring circuit problem.

Evan a bad battery connection will cause this .

Even though the battery was checked tested etc, remove and clean the battery posts and clamps contact area .

may look clean but still cause you this issue .

Next also know is a faulty ignition switch ,electrical side not the key itself .

When trying to start when it does nothing turn the key a little harder to start position .

If you have a push start system this will not be your problem you will need to get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..