Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

We have a 2005 Jag x-type estate. It was driving perfectly

Customer Question

Hi we have a 2005 Jag x-type estate. It was driving perfectly until today. I just pulled out of the driveway , thought if felt strange and it just cut out. I couldnt restart it. Three weeks ago I accidently put 8€ worth of unleaded into the diesel engine. I topped it up with 50€worth of diesel once I realized what I was doing. we had did a 200 mile round trip journey over the weekend and the fuel light came on and we filled it up with diesel as soon as we got to the next garage and drive home about another 60 miles. Have you any idea what may have happened this morning? Thanks Frances
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try replacing the fuel filter to see if it is restricted or fully of unleaded as this can cause this fault here.This issue also may not be related to the unleaded in the diesel and this may be another component at fault like a crank sensor failure needing replaced.If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out this needs done to see if any codes are set related to this issue here.Any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete