Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Jaguar s type diesel fault code p132e-00 Assistant: How old

Customer Question

jaguar s type diesel fault code p132e-00
Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 2006 just serviced as far as I know also had 2 new turbos fitted
Assistant: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is an stype
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's fine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

to get that fault then there's something wrong with the turbocharger

I'd first check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost.

If this is OK then remove the high pressure intake hose after the turbo and have a feel of the turbine wheel - there should be no play radially at all - but a little bit of axial / end to end float is normal

and if thats OK then they are prone to issues with the wastegate actuator

this image shows inside the actuator and you can see the solder joints that are burned

if this is the case they can sometimes be repaired by re-soldering

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it has 2 ne turbos fitted
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

hello

OK if the turbo actuators are new with the turbo then check the high pressure hoes next and I'd also remove the hose to the engine so you can see the throttle and then with the ignition on and engine off have your assistant push down on the throttle whilst you look at it to ensure its opening fully

Expert:  Matt replied 27 days ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you