Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a jaguar x type 2.0 Diesel on a 2005 and is having

Hello I have a jaguar x type 2.0 Diesel on a 2005 and is having trouble with the brakes. All four brakes are locking on??? I have changed all both rear cailpers and the front left cailper also I have changed the brake servo and master cylinder and the abs unit but still brakes are locking up?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

One other thing to try is to remove the master cylinder again and have your assistant push down on the brake pedal to expose the pushrod as it exits the servo

on the end of the pushrod there should be a little adjustment nut

try screwing this in a turn or two and put it all back together

this adjustment takes out free play at the pedal so its better to have a little bit of play rather than too tight

also inspect the caliper mounting faces for any dents, burrs, or debris which would cause them to be bolted up out of true, also remove the disc and do the same for its mounting face on the upright and inside the disc.

If you still have an issue then it could be a flexible brake line has partially collapsed and is producing a one way valve, this can't always be seen from the outside but you can test to see if there's any residual pressure in that caliper by cracking off the bleed nipple after stamping on the brake a few times

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you