Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

S type 1999 after driving for a while car looses power turn

Customer Question

s type 1999 after driving for a while car looses power turn key off start again it clears for a little bit
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set in all computers.Most likely there will be at least one code set that will help to diagnose and locate the fault.

Once this is done the code set needs to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.

Since it does reset after cycling the key off and on I suspect this is an issue with a sensor or solenoid in the transmission or engine at fault needing replaced.But the codes do need checked.If you can get the code info and post it here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete