Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Headlamp bulbs- I am having repeated blows on headlamp

Customer Question

Headlamp bulbs- I am having repeated blows on headlamp bulbs- on;y last week replaced Nr side on Wednesday noon - by 9.00 pm I realised that off side main beams had gone only one lamp has dipped beam alsoWhat the hell is going on
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

its likely that the ground / earth wire for the headlamps is corroded so there's excess current being pulled through the headlamp

if you check the chassis rail behind the headlamps there should be a large ring terminal thats bolted to the metal - undo this and wire brush the ring terminal clean

do the same for the bolt point and if necessary replace the bolt with a new uncorroded item