Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My 96 xj was running fine until I put a battery in the

Customer Question

Hi there my 96 xj was running fine until I put a battery in the remote, the fob was working fine but shew no sign of working on the car, since then the car will turn over but fails to fire
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 17 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like the security system is engaged.Make sure the battery is in the correct way.If it is try to lock and unlock the doors with the remote or key or interior lock and unlock buttons and see if the vehicle then starts.If this does not work you may have to have the security system relearned by a shop or dealer to resolve this issue.The programming for the theft system may have been wiped out/lost when the battery was replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete