Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

What would it cost to replace the differential gear on a

Customer Question

what would it cost to replace the differential gear on a 1995 jaguar sport?
thank you
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 29 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me the model of this vehicle?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
jaguar sport 1995 N851 PHV engine 3980cc
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I have already paid £24
Ok unfortunately my info doesn’t cover that model vehicle myself.I will have to open your question for others to assist here who may have more info on this.Thanks Pete
Expert:  Matt replied 28 days ago.

another expert here

If you want to change the whole differential for new then this can be pretty expensive

as a new part from Jaguar will run to about £3000

good used parts are about £750

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/272775184764?chn=ps&dispctrl=1&adgroupid=51318944048&rlsatarget=pla-381868123661&abcId=1128956&adtype=pla&merchantid=113741155&poi=&googleloc=1007033&device=c&campaignid=857338527&crdt=0

or you can have it rebuilt as if the bearings are noisy then these can be replaced

even the crownwheel and pinion can also be replaced

might be worth contacting a specialist like:

http://www.ajsengineering.com/index.html

Expert:  Matt replied 26 days ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you