Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

My XK 2006 has a keyless entry issue. I walk up to the car

Customer Question

Hi my XK 2006 has a keyless entry issue. I walk up to the car and it won’t open, unless I push the open button on the key fob. I have pressed the black rubber button on the door but it doesn’t unlock. I have been told that it could be the car battery. I have replaced the key fob battery with a brand new Duracell one, but it still doesn’t unlock without the key
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.
Hi name is ***** ***** I am a Automotive expert here at Just Answer.
I Just noticed that your question had not received a reply and thought I would see if you still need help with this.
I'm sorry for the long delay and I hope I can still assist you with this question .
My information is a little limited on your vehicle at the moment but I had seen no one else has replyed and would like to know if I can till help you.
If you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.
let me know by useing the reply tab so we can continue .
Remember in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being in front of it.
Kindest regards Greg.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.
Unfortunately with your issue you need to get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes. From the codes you will know what has malfunction with in the system.
Do you have the possibility to check for codes .
Rgds Greg