Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

XF 3.0ltr FNS side lights will not turn off. Tried switching

Customer Question

XF 3.0ltr FNS side lights will not turn off. Tried switching from auto and even switched to fully off. FNS sidelights still on.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

1st check that the indicator stalk is in its 'rest' position and not moved up as the sidelights will stay on if the stalk is left up or down as this is a feature for showing where your car is when parked

if this is OK then it may be an issue with a bulb ground? as this can create issues with feedback to the body control module

so I'd suggest to remove the sidelight bulbs front and rear and inspect them for damage or corrosion and do the same for the light sockets too

replace the bulbs if in any doubt

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt