indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,

what,s wrong with my jeep? It, stuck in first gear and will

Customer Question

what,s wrong with my jeep? It, stuck in first gear and will not go up the gears
Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .
If the transmission will not change up into any other gear then you have a problem with the transmission internally or the management system has an issue .

What you will have to do first is check the fluid level.should be on the upper mark when engine is hot and fluid should be a nice transparent red to a light brown ,if fluid is dark brown to black then you have internal transmission problems .

If the fluid is nice and clean then you will have to get to a dealer to see what transmission malfunction codes ,this will help you locate the problem .

Normal issue with a transmission not changing out of 1st gear.
Body valve and solenoid problems .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

Rgds Greg