mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a cherokee jeep 3.7 limited edition and recently my

Customer Question

I have a cherokee jeep 3.7 limited edition and recently my battery went flat.I had it jump started and now the remote wont work,the drivers door only opens with key,the front passenger door will open from the inside,the back doors and the boot door are totally jammed and will not open at all.What can i do?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name is Mike, I will
do my very best to assist you with your question today.

Is the security light flashing or remaining on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No,the security light nor any light is flashing or remaining on.The jeep runs fine,drives fine etc just will not unlock the rear passenger doors/back door plus allow the remote to work.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry but my pc froze and I'm not sure if you received my reply.No,the security light is not flashing or remaining on,there are no warning lights of anything.It starts,drives and runs fine.

Can you let me know that you received this response?

Many thanks.

Ok,when the battery went dead the communication with from the ecu/computer and the vehicle was lost,this is pretty common.Most times you can remove the positive and negative battery cables for 5 minutes and the system will reset.If this does not work the system has to be reset using a dealer scan tool.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok Mike,will try disconnecting for 5mins then retry.It is dark now so will try tomorrow in the morning and let you know how I get on.

Many thanks for your help.

Thank you and don't forget to rate the answer for me, you can always
respond back to this question at any time even after rating