dansgarage1
dansgarage1, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  I have a gnvq level 3 in light vehicle maintance and repair and also a diploma
74699650

Hi, I have a 2011 Wrangler Jeep Sahara automatic 2.8 GRD and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2011 Wrangler Jeep Sahara automatic 2.8 GRD and the alarm keeps going off. Periodically it indicates the nearside door is ajar but every time its fully closed. I have tried manually locking the doors with the key - rather than the fob, but it still keeps sounding the alarm. Is there a sensor to establish the door is closed or perhaps the need to replace the battery in the key fob? Kind Regards, XXXXX XXXXX xxxxx xxxxxx

Category: Jeep
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Paul,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Shantal, I am happy to wait a while.

Thanks, Paul.

Hello Paul,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  dansgarage1 replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question

Their is a sensor in the door indeed, with your description it sounds like this is at fault,

however after replacing the lock would need re-programming on a diagnostics computer... I am just looking at your vehicle age, is it not still under manufacture warranty?

Many Thanks

Dan