Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

54 jeep Cherokee on the road traveling and it died on me the

Customer Question

54 jeep Cherokee on the road traveling and it died on me the jeep will fire up & then died on me I got some diesel at a garage I wonder could be a blocked fuel filter what do you think ? my name is XXXXX XXXXX get in touch me thank,s
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Mike :

My name is MIKE... Im happy to help you with this..

Mike :

What mileage is on the Jeep?

JACUSTOMER-t432i6jz- :

126000

Mike :

Thank you .. does the engine sound any different to norm when you spin it on the key - ie, does it sound to spin over very fast and free ?

JACUSTOMER-t432i6jz- :

waiting for my husband to come back he will be able to answer your questions

Mike :

ah right thats fine - will he be long?

JACUSTOMER-t432i6jz- :

no just a few more minutes

Mike :

thats fine then - I will keep the chat open - just respond whenever you wish - I will see it. ;)

JACUSTOMER-t432i6jz- :

hi malcolm

Mike :

Hello....

JACUSTOMER-t432i6jz- :

yes

Mike :

JACUSTOMER-t432i6jz- :

sorry no it does not

JACUSTOMER-t432i6jz- :

what is problem you have stopped talking

Mike :

Sorry - lost you there for a mo....

Mike :

I asked you above re the engine speed - please scroll up and check what I have asked - I have asked you a couple of times and you haven't responded to the question....

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Malcolm -

I have switched us out of the chat session as I was not receiving any reply from you - we are now in the QA system..

Please just check above - scroll up - you will see I asked about the speed of the engine when you crank it... can you let me know on that...?

Also - when the vehicle was driving - did you experience a loss of power / juddering / smoke from the exhaust etc?

Rgds- MIKE.................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello mike

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello Malcolm...

Please scroll the screen up to read above - then get back to me with the answers to the questions I have posed...

Rgds, MIKE..............................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no just lack of power then the engine died

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok..

Thank you for that ... Have you checked your receipt...to check if you did indeed put diesel in - not petrol?? It is very easily done - so while this may seem obvious - please do check that first - and let me know..

Rgds, MIKE.................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes that was my first reaction to check and it was diesel that I had filled up. I travelled about 30 mile before the engine cut out, before the jeep cut out I trying to overtake another car so I was accelerating when the engine died.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again..

As you have travelled so far I doubt it would be mis fuelled then..

Do you have the ability / tools to work on the engine Malcolm - to check for the faults if \i direct you ?

Rgds, MIKE................................