Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

jeep been standing charged battery started up windows/radio/sunroof/odometer/overhead

Customer Question

jeep been standing charged battery started up windows/radio/sunroof/odometer/overhead console/wipers front and rear/heating temp panel info/ iv checked all fuses AA diagnostics came up no fault codes earth points cleaned and tightened battery disconnected to try reset still no joy jeep grand cherokee overland 2.7 td 2003 model?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i can wait what further info do you need?

Thank you for getting back to me. No further information is needed at this time. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello could you tell me when an answer to my question thankyou eddie.

Hello Eddie,

Unfortunately I cannot give you a time, however, I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can wait a little longer. If my question is closed will a refund be made automatically thanks eddie.

Hello Eddie,

Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. If you would like me to close your question and reverse your charges, I can do that for you.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question...

I will help you from here- but before we progress, please just bring me up to date as to the current situation as -is with the vehicle...

Please also give me its Full reg number -

Kind Rgds, MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi mike The vehicle has been stood since october 2012 its been started at regular intervals the last time six weeks ago and it was fine however this time i charged the battery started the car but half the electrics are not working they are windows/sunroof/wipers front and rear/overhead info console/heater info console/odometer info/rear heated screen/heated seats/ The AA came out to look at it the diagnostics plug in showed no fault codes. the guy checked all fuses cleaned all earth points that he could see removed relays and replaced them. He is of the opinion that a body control module is the fault but has no info as to where they are located on the vehicle however he does not know why it did not show any fault codes this is all the info i can give you thanks eddie.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again -

Thank you for your reply.

Can you tell me , did he only do a basic fault code test?

Too - Please give me its Full reg number -

Rgds, MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi mike all i know is he did a diagnostics i dont know how basic it was reg no SN03URJ eddie.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again Eddie -

Thank you for your reply.

Ok -knowing how they work and the equipment they have , it will no doubt have been - but thats not going to tell anything with this type of issue.

Im mentioning this just in case Eddie - but do double check the battery condition .. the connections - and the main earths... ie, the battery to body earth - and the body to trans / engine earth. Inc to the others as you see - but thats the main above.

A battery that is faulty /old - when you crank the engine, it pulls the amps right down and the voltage of course -When the battery drops so low on cranking - it may start the vehicle but it scrambles the Bcm - and you get what you have.

So if you are not sure of the battery - fit a new or known good one before trying to start.

But - either way -for now, make sure you have a fully powered up battery - then start the vehicle ( after the checks above )
See how it is.

If its the same - now that we know we have a fully charged / good condition battery on - disconnect the battery leads - and wire the two lead clamps together. Leave like that for 30 mins - then undo them - leave them off the battery for a further 15 mins - then reconnect - and try again.
(have the keys out of the vehicle while doing the above)

if its ok then, thats because that procedures re boots the modules that may have been scrambled. In which case, thats that.

IF not - then yes Bcm - This is attached to the junction block, drivers side under the IC ( instrument panel )

There are companies that test / repair these - I will give you a contact now to save you time should it come to that - that is - 0 1 6 3 4 - 6 8 7 2 2 2 ... If needs be , give them a call and arrange to have that done -they will talk you through / costs etc and so on.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.