romee619
romee619, Mechanic
Experience:  Let my online troubleshooting skills speak for themselves!
61287765

Engine wont start - it turns over but electric system not

Customer Question

Engine won't start - it turns over but electric system not functioning for starter motor. Friend says he thinks the Jeep needs the computer replacing.

Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi ,as i understand the starter turns the engine but will not fire up .

Did you check to see if you are getting spark to the spark plugs .

Is the fuel pump switching ON, this you can hear when you switch on the ignition ,every time you switch on the ignition the pump will energize for 2-3 seconds ,should be able to hear this .

What i suggest you do is remove the airfilter tube and with a can of easy starter spray this down the throttle body at the same time as you are trying to start the engine if the engine starts let me know .

Rgds Greg