mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

grand Cherokee 2000 3.1 no power from 1.000 rpm when it reaches

Customer Question

grand Cherokee 2000 3.1 no power from 1.000 rpm when it reaches 2.000rpm it runs fine have you any ideas cheers alan
Category: Jeep
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Is this a auto gear box?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes auto TD when rpm gets to 2,000 rpm sounds like turbo kicks in then its ok its just from 1000rpm to 2,000rpm gearbox oil level ok oil looks fine

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes its auto TD

Ok from what you are describing this is a oil flow issue to the turbo. This is actually pretty common. What normally cures this problem is having the turbo feed lines and the turbo. Boost valve cleaned as they get restricted with carbon debris restricting the oil flow.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike sorry but I can't get it back in the garage until next week, but I will let you know the out come and will rate you then, its not a problem as soon as I know you will know. thanks Alan

No problem thank you. You can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive and I will continue to help you if you need it,otherwise the question will time out and close.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

garage cleaned the waste gate. but where is the boost valve and what does it look like? cheers alan

The boost valve is inside the turbo and is about 2 inches long.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, you was spot on it was the turbo boost valve. sorry for the wait but only just found out thanks for your help, Alan.