Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

2007 jeep grand cherokee overland 3.0 diesel.rear window demister

Customer Question

2007 jeep grand cherokee overland 3.0 diesel.rear window demister doesn't work. Door mirrors ok. Under bonnet fuse 40A fuse ok. No power to window element terminal. Clicking sound (relay) from behind/below instrument cluster on pushing switch butto. Button illuminates. Widow heating element ok. Any ideas.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome ..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with your question..

As you have your fuse ok - and you can hear the clicking of the relay - that would all tend to indicate that the "system" is ok ... you have no power to the HRW though..

The most common cause of this is chaffed or broken wires where they connect through to the rear gate in the tubing - so you need to open that up and carefully check in there...

Often its right there in the tubing - but if not - check back into the aperture of the roof with a lamp - and then if thats all ok - you will need to check the wiring back. Before anything else on it then do that , let me know how you get on.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.