indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

intermittent fault, engine pictogram warning light stays on,

Customer Question

intermittent fault, engine pictogram warning light stays on, transmission stays in 1st gear
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi what has happened here is you have gone into limp mode .

What you have to do is get your car to a local garage or dealer and have then hook up a diagnostic scan tool to the car and check for malfunction codes .

When the check engine light comes on this means the management system has encountered a malfunction with in its system and is letting you know that you need to seek assistance at the dealer to check with there scan tool what the problem is .

Could be anything from a simple sensor like a TPS or a speed sensor )Example).

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not feel that I am any wiser now than I was when I sought advice, I have tried various code readers, all have shown no problems ie no fault codes, . I am carrying a reader in tne car, if the problems recurr , my intensio n is to plug in ,whilst the engine is running and the fault symboli is displayed
Further info.. The car has now enjoyed six journeys with no problems
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

Good to hear that you have a code reader ,go ahead and hook up the reader and when the light comes on then don't switch off the engine and check for codes .

Does this reader have live data .

Greg