romee619
romee619, Mechanic
Experience:  Let my online troubleshooting skills speak for themselves!
61287765

I have a grand Cherokee jeep crd ltd auto 2003 - 2685 cc- a

Customer Question

I have a grand Cherokee jeep crd ltd auto 2003 - 2685 cc- a few weeks ago I had the injectors replaced since then the car is very difficult to start in the morning , I have had the heater plugs changed, the relays tested ok, and a new battery, this has made no difference , in the mornings the car -which is kept outside - will take anything from between 40 & 110 seconds to start! If I turn the engine constantly, this morning I cranked the engine for 150 seconds but it didn't start and I didn't want to run the battery flat so I sprayed a very small amount of easy start into the air intake and it fired up immediately. The weird thing is once the engine has fired up, I can turn the engine off and it will them restart after any length of time immediately during that same day. But if I last used the vehicle at 1 am in the morning it will not start by 9 am the next morning . It doesn't seem to make any difference whether the car is inside or outside parked flat or on a hill, or if the weather is warm,cold,wet or dry. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thanks rob
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello Rob,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please continue

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

You will need a test light to check how long the glow plugs are active after switching on the ignition, depending on the temp the glow plugs should be active between 10 and 15 seconds .

If you don't have a test light next time you try to start switch the ignition ON and OFF 3 times ignition on for 10 seconds then switch off then back on wait 10 seconds do this 3 or 4 times then try and start .
let me know if this makes a difference or not .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes thanks Greg - I have used a test light to confirm that the heater plugs are working correctly and I always switch the ignition on 3 or 4 times before trying to start the engine. But it can still take anything between 25 sec and 2mins to start - occasionally it will not start after 2 mins so I give it a quick squirt of easy start and it starts almost immediately. Thanks rob stone
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rob .

Is this the 5 cylinder you have fitted.

Have you checked for any malfunction codes .

Greg