indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

01 Cherokee low and loose feeling accelarator pedal ,a lot

01 Cherokee low and loose feeling accelarator pedal ,a lot lower than other 2 pedals. Also doesn't appear to be spring loaded
Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.

Name is Greg,

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Check the cable on the throttle body ,there is a spring attached to the throttle plate lever . Cable should also be adjusted to take up the slack.

Just having the spring missing will drop the pedal lower than normal ,check this first then where the cable comes over the valve cover should be fastened down .

Check this then please get back to me if needed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg