romee619
romee619, Mechanic
Experience:  Let my online troubleshooting skills speak for themselves!
61287765

Hi, I have a 2000 Grand Cherokee 4.0ltr, the car had a rattle

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2000 Grand Cherokee 4.0ltr, the car had a rattle and I was told it was the hydraulic lifters so I had them changed 2 weeks ago, all seemed ok. Over the last few days I have noticed even after the lifter change that the engine sounded smooth and good while in park and putting a few revs down, but when I put it in drive and move and accelerate the engine rattles almost the same as before the lifters were changed, also it seems to be getting worse Can you please shed any light on what this may be? As I said the engine sounds ok when in park.Thanks Mark.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mark,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

How many miles do you have on this engine .

Can you have the oil pressure mechanically checked .

Check engine oil level and condition .

Check the bottom of the oil pan is not dented .

Please get back to me with a reply.

Thank you Greg