indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

My jeep block warning light has been coming off and on , but

Customer Question

My jeep block warning light has been coming off and on , but engine diesel additive seems to clear it , but today driving today to Aberdeen was ok , but coming home I filled her up at asda , not far on it seemed to be not pulling not too good and when I gave her revs the heater from the cockpit was blowing as I accelerated , I stopped and checked engine bay , fan belt ok , carried on home same happened temp gauge ok and no other warning lights , seemed to be changing gears ok , it's a jeep Cherokee renegade 2.8 ltd edition 2005
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

If the check engine light is "ON" when the engine is running then the management system has encountered a problem with the diesel injection system .

What you need to do is have the system hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool to check for malfunction codes ,
The malfunction codes will point you in the right direction to where the problem lies , could be anything from a Cam sensor to a TPS or MAF sensor ,
I suggest you do the scan as just replacing parts on assumption could become very expensive .

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg