romee619
romee619, Mechanic
Experience:  Let my online troubleshooting skills speak for themselves!
61287765

My 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2.5 TD has the coolant pipes

Customer Question

My 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2.5 TD has blown the coolant pipes off the back of the water pump due to corrosion of the dissimilar metal pipe connections on the pump. The Jeep is left hand drive. I live in Spain. I have 2 questions:
1. Can you supply me with a part number for the pump and gasket?
2. How do I get the fan cowl off? It surrounds the fan! Do I have to remove the radiator?

Regards,

Geoff
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you -

As there has been a time since you asked your question, please let me know where you are up to - then we can progress..

Kind Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

I have taken all the accessible coolant pipes and the ones that fell off out of the way, along with the air filter and its housing. In order to access the belt adjuster to remove the belt and also to access the pump to remove it, the large black plastic cowl over the fan has to be removed. It appears that the only way t do that is to remove the radiator. Am I correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
There was no answer, Mike just asked me where I had got to with the strip down and had not answered my question. It is now mid-morning on Monday - I asked the question on Friday last.